Thursday, July 14, 2005

Soldiers of Christ

We should always remember that we are in a constant battle against evil and sin and to win we need God. If we stray from God to experience worldly things we will individually lose battles. Even then, we still affect the others who are trying their best to win. Those trying to win will see the earthly things and think that its ok to get drunk all the time or to completely forget their faith. Help your brothers and sisiters in Christ. If we set a good example for the younger ones, they may have an easier time striving to be holy. When I say younger ones, I dont mean those younger than us, I mean those who are just beginning their faith or those that have strayed but have returned to God. And dont think that Im trying to say that Im perfect, Im far from it. I most certainly dont always act as God wants me to. When songs say, "to live your life, youve got to lose it" I think they mean lose what America tells you what your life should be. Dont listen to what the media is telling you, listen to God.

"The murky sea is black
dismal and so deep
millstones rocket through the dark
into it's icy keep
A resting place for broken ships
a cemetery for the humble
no one's here to make you stumble

If Jesus Christ is true
then I am mostly lies
if Jesus Christ is Love
then I have failed to try
if Jesus Christ is Life
then please just let me die
let...this...die..."

No comments: