1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate, I guess Egg nog freaks me out.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I thought that he already had them wrapped until I saw this awesome movie my brothers made by secretly filming Santa. Shame!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I think we used to do both, and then we started doing white lights outside and colored on the tree. Either way is fine with me.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, but I have a feeling Smokey will be running around kissing people anyway.
5. When do you put your decorations up? This seems to change every year. Its basically whenever we have time. And, although Michael left my name out, I helped bringing the decorations downstairs after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmm, well, I like pierogies from Wigilia.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Besides the under cover operation my brothers used to film Santa, I also remember how we would drive around and look at Christmas lights after Christmas Eve mass.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I just figured it out for myself.
I remember at one point during school I defended my belief in Santa because he was a saint. lol.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. As Michael said we head over to my aunt's house and celebrate the Polish tradition of wigilia. Before dinner we pass around this wafer called oplatek (kind of like a communion wafer but big and square) and everyone takes a piece. Then we pass around a crucifix and kiss Christ's feet. The dinner usally consists of fish, pierogis, and other Polish things.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights, gold/silver garland and tons of random ornaments. I especially love the ornaments that we made in 2nd grade.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like to play in it and sled, but we havent had much lately. I don't really like cold weather unless we get snow as well.
12. Can you ice skate? If you define ice skating as the ability to stand up in the skates for about 3 seconds before you fall on your face then Im a terrific ice skater!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmm, the Ninja Turtles movie was awesome, but recently I was excited to get the Wicked cd.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?Well the most important thing is remembering what its really all about and to go above al of the secular stuff, but I also love when my brothers come home and we get to spend time together with family and friends and Smokey.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate stuff
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I also enjoy playing at a bunch of masses at Sacred Heart, its always fun to try to sing the Polish songs! (Cuda Cuda....BOGA!)
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love it when you find the perfect gift for someone! Like last year, I was soooo excited to give my brother's their presents.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? This is tough....I like a lot of them..sorry, cant list nay at the expense of others.
20. Candy canes: Theyre ok. I only like the traditional ones though.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf. "SANTA! I know him!"
22. What do you leave for Santa? We used to leave cookies and milk for Santa and "magic reindeer food" for his reindeer which was sugar. It helped them fly! lol.