Thursday, September 04, 2008

Take that extroverts!!!

This is something my Mom sent me today and I really love it!

Q: I'm not a shy person, but whenever I get into a group of people I don't know too well, I can't find anything to say. I like who I am and I think I'm a decent person to get to know, and I'm tired of being told that I'm too quiet. Why can't people accept that not everyone is outgoing and talkative, and that's okay?

A: Boy, I know exactly how you feel. I have people telling me that I'm too quiet every other day, and it can get annoying I know. Do you know the saying "actions speak louder than words"? Well it's true, and considering that actions are louder than words it shouldn't matter what others say to you, or about you. St. Thomas Aquinas was called a dumb ox at school because he was so quiet, and you know what? He ended up becoming a Doctor of the Church. There is nothing wrong with being soft spoken. God made you and me that way for a reason. We're in this together dude.

No comments: