Thursday, July 23, 2009

For some reason I can't explain...

I watched the new Discovery Channel series called "The Colony," on Tuesday night and I thought that I'd comment on it because I know that some people (cough* Michael) didn't watch it b/c they decided to watch "Lost."

The show is a reality show and before you just brush it off as trash, you need to hear the plot. The whole idea is that the people in it agreed to be treated as they survived some sort of huge catastrophe and they are some of the only humans left. To bring on the stress that a person would endure in that situation,they were forced to stay awake for a long amount of time and were not given food or water.

After the "survivors" met for the first time, they were given the chance to go into an abandoned department store to find supplies that they believed were important. After the amount of time had passed, a group of people that remind me of the bad guys in Waterworld, came in and tried to steal their stuff.

After that, the group found an abandoned warehouse where they found more supplies and the makings of their new home. The survivors found batteries and food and a bunch of other items that they used to generate electricity and build their own water filtration system.

On the second day, after a few scares by the "bad guys", another group of survivors arrived and asked for shelter. Although the first meeting of these two groups was filled with anger and little trust, the group quickly bonded together to make 10 survivors.

That's about all that happened in the first episode. I'm not sure if I like the show just yet, but it's pretty interesting to see how people react to situations.

I'm sure Discovery Channel has something on its site about the show, so check it out :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

That sounds pretty cool, but slightly terrifying to be in that position.

Silverstride said...

Oh yeah. I don't know how I would deal with it , especially after not sleeping or sleeping for that long.