Thursday, December 15, 2005

I never thought it would come to this...

Now I understand what my clone was talking about. Last year during these practices she would always say stuff about how she was so sick of this and wanted to just go home. Now I'm feeling the same way. I kinda feel bad saying that b/c I know there are people that want to go into music when they get out of the dark hole known as highschool such as Chris and Joe and that's great for them! I really am happy! Nothing would make me happier than to see them going on to bigger and better bands, arranging their own music, or becoming band directors. That would be great, but to tell you the truth, after Im done with this the only time Ill pick up an instrument is for alumni band and maybe if I play at Christmas or something. I hate to say all of this because I remember Chris actually saying something about how he couldnt wait to go into music b/c the people will actually want to be at the practices and that's true! Many people say that band is all about the music but I dont agree with that. Band for me is all about the people and the moments, cuz when I look back at it Im not going to remember, "oh, that's the year that I played singing in the rain in a flat," no, Ill remember the fun times of singing on the bus or trying to act cheerful and play Christmas Carols while its below zero. So, if I ever seem painfully bored during practice or look like Im about to jump out the window to escape, Ill just have to think about all of the good times, and even if I talk about how I hate band now, when the band banquet comes, Ill love again. Just try to ignore the hate, once band is over I should be happy again.

4 comments:

Silverstride said...

lol!

Chris said...

Me too, believe it or not. lol


i didnt know you paid attention to what i say lol! that makes one!

on my way to world domination.... starting with manderz

Silverstride said...

Sorry, but the clarinets are way ahead of you on that taking over the world dream of yours, we already own New Zealand!

Chris said...

That's true, what with your fun dances with clarinets routine... that's just fun.

on my way to world domination... starting with manderz... and ending with boris yeltsin.