Monday, April 07, 2008

I watched the video Mike had on his blog about Oprah and Ive come to the conclusion a long time ago in a galaxy far away that she honestly freaks me out. Her fans seem to be in a cult...the "O" cult or something.

When did she go from being a talk show host to a major figure in a new "religion"? As I considered the whole new age movement I caught myself thinking.."Man, I wish Christianity was considered as cool as this new age stuff," but then I realized that I shouldnt think of it in the terms of being cool because the true religion shouldnt follow trends.

The lyrics of a Switchfoot song popped into my head at that point:

We are a beautiful let down,
Painfully uncool,
The church of the dropouts
The losers, the sinners, the failures and the fools
Oh what a beautiful let down
Are we salt in the wound
Let us sing one true tune

The new age people seem very stuck on themselves. I just feel that they think they are too smart for their own good. Sure, its good to have confidence in yourself but not so much as to think that you dont need God in your life.

No comments: