Monday, April 14, 2008

To the readers...if there are any

I thought Id take this time to tell you that Ive decided enough is enough. I have nothing interesting to post here anymore (or maybe I never had anything interesting) and the lack of comments depresses me. This will be the last Through the Eyes of Silverstride post...ever....no, Im totally messin' with you!

Just joshin friends!

I was actually just looking through old posts of mine. I like to do this and then compare things like my writing style (or lack thereof), my attitude toward life, and the events in my life in general. Its so funny to look back at the high school posts and try to understand why everything was soooo important (like my great fear of shifting in parades...why was it soooo darn scary?).

Im not saying there was no reason for stress back then, quite the contrary, high school is a very stressful time of self discovery and you are supposed to get upset about things. I remember in one of my high school classes, a teacher was talking about how we had no real reason to be stressed out. How dare he?(to be said with a fake Scottish accent like Indiana Jones)

Im not saying that Im so above high school or that I know so much more now...I really dont. Yeah, I know my major but I dont know whats going to happen in my life. High school was a time of uncertainty. You are unsure of your studies, your paths in life, your friendships, and yourself in general.

Im glad to say that Ive kept many of the same friends I had then. It is awkward when we first see each other over breaks and stuff...I mean, some of us havent seen each other in months. The inside jokes come out eventually and hilarity ensues. I hope that we will all be able to get together this summer!


This song makes me think about the past...

I don't know if you can see
The changes that have come over me
In these last few days I've been afraid
That I might drift away
I've been telling old stories, singing songs
That make me think about where I've come from
That's the reason why I seem
So far away today

[Chorus:]
Let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia, you're calling me, now I'm going home
But if I should become a stranger
Know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything I've ever had

Now I have moved and I've kept on moving
Proved the points that I needed proving
Lost the friends that I needed losing
Found others on the way
I have kissed the fellas and left them crying
Stolen dreams, yes, there's no denying
I have traveled hard, sometimes with conscience flying
Somewhere with the wind

[Chorus]

Now I'm sitting here before the fire
The empty room, the forest choir
The flames have cooled, don't get any higher
They've withered, now they've gone
But I'm steady thinking, my way is clear
And I know what I will do tomorrow
When hands have shaken, the kisses float
Then I will disappear

[Chorus]

Caledonia's been everything I've ever had
Caledonia's been everything I've ever had
Caledonia's been everything I've ever had

3 comments:

Chris said...

lol i read the first few sentences and almost freaked out - you BETTER keep posting!

good song... yeah we need to get together and do stuff or something! are you working somewhere at franciscan in the summer? we can lunch n stuff. moolattes!

Silverstride said...

lol! moolattes sound really good right now!

im not really sure whats going on this summer. im going to be at franciscan but i dunno if im gonna be working for my boss at st. joes as an office person or if im gonna have to work physical plant again. jess is going to be working on a custodial crew so i hope ill be on that crew.

are you working? you could try for physical plant again...i dunno why they didnt call you last time but they might need you later on..once all of the franciscan kids quit

father michael said...

That's one of my favorite things about blogging. Even if you're writing about other stuff, it's a kind of journal of how you think over time. Especially when you do it for a while.

Keep it up!