Wednesday, January 19, 2011


After hearing the saying "He who sings prays twice," almost all of my life, I wanted look up the source of this "quote" or determine if it really was a quote at all. This saying is usually employed by choir directors of parishes that are a bit too quiet.


Father Z has a cool post from 2006!


"Qui enim cantat laudem, non solum laudat, sed etiam hilariter laudat; qui cantat laudem, non solum cantat, sed et amat eum quem cantat. In laude confitentis est praedicatio, in cantico amantis affectio…For he who sings praise, does not only praise, but also praises joyously; he who sings praise, is not only singing, but also loving Him whom he is singing about/to/for. There is a praise-filled public proclamation (praedicatio) in the praise of someone who is confessing/acknowledging (God), in the song of the lover (there is) there is deep love."

In any case, I will be in the music ministry for Mass tonight and I need all the help I can get!

No comments: